Sunday 12 January 2014

Happy New Year

Apparently there's all manner of superstitions about bad luck if you wish someone glad tidings for the new year after the 12th night, but seein' as how I make my own luck, it doesn't apply to me.

Well that was a festive season and a half! I drove 1800 miles picking up/dropping off my wonderful offspring and visiting friends and family for Yule and Chrismas festivities.
Some of the highlights were:
  • being attuned to Reiki One (with my dear friend Sarah) by my talented auntie Lynne; 
  • supping soup and ale by a roasting fire in a picturesque pub in Coniston; 
  • early snowfall on the hills surrounding Castlerigg stone circle, 
  • sunset on Glastonbury Tor on the eve of the winter solstice, 
  • greeting the sun in Avebury sun circle on solstice morning (many thanks to the Archdruid and Crone of Avebury for making us welcome); 
  • singing Christmas carols in the magnificent grounds of Warwick castle 
  • and best of all sharing several fantastic feasts with my fabulous family. 
2014 had such a great start, it has a lot to live up to, but with the digit sum of 7, I'm sure it's equal to the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment